Upgrading your Business Vehicles to Electric - the details
Hopefully you have seen that BEE Anglia is able to offer grant funding to businesses within Suffolk & Norfolk that are upgrading their company vehicles. This is a complex area and we felt it would be helpful to provide a few key guidelines for you:
- Businesses applying for funding will be subject to the eligibility requirements of the BEE Anglia Project
- The vehicle must be used for business mileage only
- The business has to own the existing vehicle, if not the grant will be for the difference between an EV/plug-in hybrid and an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) equivalent
- The replacement vehicle must be bought outright
- The replacement vehicle has to be fully electric or plug-in hybrid
- The carbon savings associated with the upgrade have to be demonstrated (your BEE Anglia advisor will help with this)
- The BEEA grant is up to 28% of eligible cost to the business. This is the cost the business pays after the “plug-in” grant taken by the dealership and excluding VAT
- The vehicle can be used (i.e. second-hand or ex-demonstrator)
If you would like to find out more about upgrading your company vehicle(s), please get in touch with the team.
P.S. Don't forget we may also be able to assist with grant funding if you are installing an EV charging point!